Standard Conditions of Hire
For the purposes of these conditions, the HIRER shall mean an individual hirer or, where the hirer is an organisation, the authorised representative.
1. The Hirer shall observe the maximum capacity of the hall of 120 people for functions where attendees are seated at tables
2. The Hirer shall ensure that the terms of the premises licence are complied with particularly with regard to the licensed hours of 9am to midnight for Monday to Saturday and 12 noon to 6pm for Sunday.
3. The Hirer will, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for the supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care and safety from damage, however slight, or change of any sort and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their use including the proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway or residents' properties.
4. The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring into the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof now allow the consumption of any liquor thereon without written permission.
5. The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining such licences as may be needed whether for the sale of or the consumption of intoxicating liquor or otherwise and for observance of the same.
6. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting or lotteries.
7. The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, Local Magistrates Court or otherwise particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other public entertainment or stage plays.
8. The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all current food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
9. The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by him/her to the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner.
10. The Hirer shall indemnify the Committee for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the buildings which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
11. If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event and the Committee is unable to conclude a replacement booking the question of payment of the fee shall be at the discretion of the Committee.
12. The Hirer shall ensure that the minimum noise is made on arrival and departure.
13. The Hirer shall ensure that no dogs, except guide dogs, are brought into the Hall.
14. At the end of the hiring, the Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced - otherwise the Committee shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
15. The Committee reserves the right to cancel this hiring in the event of the Hall being required as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Election or By-election, in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already made.
16. In the event of the Hall, or any part thereof, being rendered unfit for the use for which it has been hired, the Committee shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting loss or damage whatsoever.
17. The Hirer shall ensure that any activities for children comply with the provisions of relevant legislation and that only fit and proper persons have access to the children.
18. The Hirer is required to make him/herself aware of the instructions for the actions to be taken in the event of fire, and to observe the precautions stipulated therein. These instructions are displayed in the Hall and must be adhered to strictly.
19. The Hirer shall ensure that there will be a minimum of 2 competent attendants, for up to 100 people (3 for attendances of 100 up to the maximum capacity of the Hall) on duty to assist people entering or leaving, none of whom shall be less than 18 years of age. All persons on duty shall be instructed in their essential responsibilities in the event of fire, the location and use of the firefighting equipment available, how to call the fire brigade and the evacuation procedure. All exit doors must be kept free of obstructions at all times.
20. The Hirer shall not undertake performances which involve danger to the public.
21. The Hirer shall not bring into or use highly inflammable substances in any part of the premises.
22. The Hirer shall not bring into or fix internal decorations of a combustible nature, (eg polystyrene, cotton, wool etc) without the consent of the Committee. When this consent is given the decorations are to be tied to the special metal rings provided for the purpose. Adhesive tapes, drawing pins, nails, screws or adhesives of any kind are not to be used.
23. The Hirer shall not use or permit the use of any heating appliance on the premises. Portable liquefied propane gas (LPG) heating appliances shall not be used inside the premises.